Thursday, 5 July 2012

5th July :) - write a story

heyy :DD I'mback ~ hmm , what shall i say today ? how about I share a story that i wrote for my BIC story writing ? ;) yeaa ? kay , let's start now ^^ and please comment :DD positive remarks please :33

 Dream High and Fly High .
 
I’m a boring nerd in school. Everyone disdained me, making me lose my way in this loneliness and darkness.
I like to sing while playing the piano. However my austere mom insisted me to play those baroque songs written by Mozart. It irked me. My mom is a professional pianist and she wanted to nurture me as a great musician. However, this wasn’t my dream.
One morning, I walked past the noticeboard hung outside the general office. A mesmeric poster, taped firmly on it, stated “To celebrate 100th school anniversary, we will like to hold a grand singing competition on 30th October 2012… “My eyes grew wider with exuberance.  WHAT?! 30th October?! My Grade 8 piano examination was on that day! What a rotten luck! I wanted to participate in this competition! But sandwiching between dream and my mom, it’s certainly a tough time for me.
 I have to be adamant this time round.
I started learning how to sing and the chords of “Wish You Were Here” “Dara! Why are you playing this?! “my mom ranted. I turned a deaf ear and continue practicing. Realizing, she stomped up and tore my music sheet into shreds. I couldn’t abide this behavior anymore!  Why must she dashed my dream?
30th October, I dressed in my Sunday best to the competition. My heart palpitated when I stepped into the ornately embellished auditorium. Glided balustrades, opulent chandeliers and damasak drapes greeted my eyes. It was packed with a sedate crowd of students, teachers and parents. Beads of perspiration oozed out from every pores of my body. It was my turn to go up stage.
“I know you’ve grown up and you can decide. I’ll always support you.” My mom flashed a weak smile.
I received the microphone from the host with my shaky hand. On the stage, I noticed mom. I mustered up my courage and finally, I sang. The audience gawked me with awe. I finally achieved my dream.
“The winner goes to…” Many people were astounded. “Dara Soh!” I rushed up to mom and hugged her tightly. I cried. “Thanks mom.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment